LATEST NEWSAll Mini News
Generation after Next travel to Andover.
U7/U8/U9/U10/U11 Travel to Andover on a sunny and bright Autumn Day.
A good game at Salisbury in fantastic sunny weather on Sunday 2nd April. Click image to read more.
A great performance in the sunshine. Salisbury win 7 tries to 2.
FIXTURESSEE FULL CALENDAR
Get in Touch
For a full list of contacts, please click here.
Welcome to the 2022/23 Season
The Directors of the Salisbury RFC Minis and Juniors are very excited to announce that the start of the 2022/23 season will be on Sunday 4 September 2022.
Salisbury RFC location and pitch map.
- Salisbury RFC train on pitches off Castle Rod and Hudson's Field, Salisbury (SP1 3SA). The pitch lay down and allocated car parking areas for the season is on the attached map
- We encourage walking, cycling and the use of public transport)
Training times. The training starts at 1000 hrs every Sunday and training finishes between 60-90 minutes later (depending on age group).
Subscriptions. Annual subscriptions are as follows:
- U6s. £60
- U7s - U16s.
- First child. £100.
- Additional children. £60.
- Girls in age groups U12s and above. £60.
- Colts. £60.
- We offer the first three sessions as a taster. We will require subs to be paid from the fourth session.
- Salisbury RFC offer a discount for Armed Forces' personnel and their families (serving and veterans). Please bring appropriate RN, Army, RAF or RM MOD 90s when registering.
- Players need robust kit to play rugby (all Players will need rugby boots; branded kit can be purchased from the club shop (this is needed for matches)).
- We recommend gum shields for all age groups as it is a good thing to get used to, but they are essential when tackling takes place from all Age groups from U9s onwards.
- We have second hand kit in the club house.
- Please ensure all kit is named.
Smoking. The club and patio are no smoking areas; this includes pitches on Hudson’s Fields - there is a designated smoking area at the front of the club.
Dogs. We welcome dogs on the touch line and in the clubhouse. Please ensure the owners have poo bags.
Parental/ guardian attendance. We need a parent/ guardian to be present on the site at all times that training is taking place; we encourage you to use the clubhouse during training. If you need to step off the Salisbury RFC area then please arrange for another adult to be there for your child - in case of injury, and for your support - and let the team managers know.
- We expect players, coaches, Team managers, match officials, spectators and parents to adhere to the club values, TREDS:
- We think Salisbury RFC is one of the friendliest clubs in the country. In order to maintain our high standards, we will be displaying our standards on the side of each pitch, and we ask you to help us to maintain the values of our game and the club in training, matches, post-match, and on the touch-line. As Nigel Owen once said “this is not soccer”.
- Please use the link on the Minis and Juniors pages on the club website to register interest. Please ensure you include the school year your child will be on during the school year 22/23 - this will allow us to place them in the correct age group.
- Director Minis or Juniors will reply back and put you onto the attendance sheet. Team Managers may establish comms with you before; if not then turn up on Sunday 4 September and enjoy.
- For the first few weeks, Directors Minis and Juniors will be helping new arrivals - he will be located between the car parks looking for people who are a bit lost! Please use the map and looks for flashes with age groups. If in doubt, ask the team managers at any pitch and they will direct you.
- Welcome brief. There will be a welcome brief for all parents in the clubhouse during training - this will be either pitch-side or in the clubhouse after training - timings and locations to follow via Team Managers (attending this brief will count as being on site for attendance if not pitch-side)!
What age can children start?
Your son or daughter is able to come as soon as they start school.
Just come along and introduce yourself to the Under 6s. They will be pleased to see you. Check out where they live on map above.
When is training?
We train most Sundays from September and the training times are 10:00 to 12:00 (Depending on age group)
Where is training?
Training is at the Clubhouse on Castle Road, or in the adjoining Hudsons Field - see where on the map above
Are the coaches qualified?
At each level we have a dedicated team of coaches and administrators who aim to make playing rugby fun for everyone. They all undertake coaching through the club’s development schemes for coaches. They are also required to complete child protection forms in line with the club’s Child Protection Policy. They are all volunteers, many from the parents of guardians and we are always looking for new helpers and coaches.
What do we get for our money?
Joining the club ensures that your child is insured with the RFU for the duration of their years membership. It also gives parents social membership of the clubhouse. They will then be trained every Sunday (except holidays) of the season and be able to participate in matches with other clubs (if they wish). The club also arranges a tour (at additional cost) every year.
Do I need to buy a rugby kit?
Your child will need a gum shields, socks, suitable boots, shorts and rugby shirt for training. They will also require a tracksuit or warm clothing to change into during the winter.
If children wish to play matches they will need a Salisbury RFC kit (green and white hoop rugby shirt, white shorts, green and white striped socks). New kit can be brought in the clubhouse on Sunday mornings. This is the only authorised outlet for Club kit.
Will my child need to bring anything to training?
Yes, they will need to bring a drink, as they will get hot and thirsty even in the winter.
Can I get drinks and food?
The clubhouse is open all day Sunday for drinks and light snacks. Food is available within the clubhouse after training.
Please note that no-one is permitted into the main room in dirty kit or boots. Please remove them before entering.
Can I leave my child?
No. Your child needs your support. If you cannot be there then another adult must be present. That person must be responsible for your child in the event of an accident or your child becoming ill during training.
This person must be notified to the coach and administrator for your age group.