Mini-Junior Welcome 2022/23
The Directors of the Salisbury RFC Minis and Juniors are very excited to announce that the start of the 2022/23 season will be on Sunday 4 September 2022.
Salisbury RFC location and pitch map.
- Salisbury RFC train on pitches off Castle Rod and Hudson's Field, Salisbury (SP1 3SA). The pitch lay down and allocated car parking areas for the season is on the attached map
- We encourage walking, cycling and the use of public transport)
Training times. The training starts at 1000 hrs every Sunday and training finishes between 60-90 minutes later (depending on age group).
Subscriptions. Annual subscriptions are as follows:
- U6s. £60
- U7s - U16s.
- First child. £100.
- Additional children. £60.
- Girls in age groups U12s and above. £60.
- Colts. £60.
- We offer the first three sessions as a taster. We will require subs to be paid from the fourth session.
- Salisbury RFC offer a discount for Armed Forces' personnel and their families (serving and veterans). Please bring appropriate RN, Army, RAF or RM MOD 90s when registering.
- Players need robust kit to play rugby (all Players will need rugby boots; branded kit can be purchased from the club shop (this is needed for matches)).
- We recommend gum shields for all age groups as it is a good thing to get used to, but they are essential when tackling takes place from all Age groups from U9s onwards.
- We have second hand kit in the club house.
- Please ensure all kit is named.
Smoking. The club and patio are no smoking areas; this includes pitches on Hudson’s Fields - there is a designated smoking area at the front of the club.
Dogs. We welcome dogs on the touch line and in the clubhouse. Please ensure the owners have poo bags.
Parental/ guardian attendance. We need a parent/ guardian to be present on the site at all times that training is taking place; we encourage you to use the clubhouse during training. If you need to step off the Salisbury RFC area then please arrange for another adult to be there for your child - in case of injury, and for your support - and let the team managers know.
- We expect players, coaches, Team managers, match officials, spectators and parents to adhere to the club values, TREDS:
- We think Salisbury RFC is one of the friendliest clubs in the country. In order to maintain our high standards, we will be displaying our standards on the side of each pitch, and we ask you to help us to maintain the values of our game and the club in training, matches, post-match, and on the touch-line. As Nigel Owen once said “this is not soccer”.
- Please use the link on the Minis and Juniors pages on the club website to register interest. Please ensure you include the school year your child will be on during the school year 22/23 - this will allow us to place them in the correct age group.
- Director Minis or Juniors will reply back and put you onto the attendance sheet. Team Managers may establish comms with you before; if not then turn up on Sunday 4 September and enjoy.
- For the first few weeks, Directors Minis and Juniors will be helping new arrivals - he will be located between the car parks looking for people who are a bit lost! Please use the map and looks for flashes with age groups. If in doubt, ask the team managers at any pitch and they will direct you.
- Welcome brief. There will be a welcome brief for all parents in the clubhouse during training - this will be either pitch-side or in the clubhouse after training - timings and locations to follow via Team Managers (attending this brief will count as being on site for attendance if not pitch-side)!